Friday 20 December 2013

It's not a holiday song, it's a Christmas song

     
Recently, passing by our local International House Of Pancakes (IHOP) Restaurant, I saw a bold sign reading, 
"Keep Christ in Christmas." 

     I applaud merchants who promote the true meaning of Christmas.  These are the ones I wish to patronize. 


     To me, Christmas is one of the loveliest seasons of the year. I enjoy seeing the beauty of decorated homes and trees with their twinkling, colourful lights. The age-old carols that warm our hearts every year, I never seem to tire of hearing them. 
     What gracious reminders they are, that Jesus came that first Christmas, bringing the very Presence of God into the world — "Immanuel... God with us." (Matthew 1:23) 


     Many, now-a-days, want to replace the greeting, "Merry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays."  


     Don Murdock from Colbourne, Ontario, has got it right, in the song he composed, entitled, "Christmas To Me." He emphasizes, "It is not a holiday song." It is a "Christmas Song." The words are great! 
     
     In case you haven't heard it, here are the words:  


Christmas to Me

It might be a holiday to you, but it's Christmas to me. 
A time filled with tradition, love and family. 
I put it on display each year, for all the world to see. 
It might be a holiday to you, but its Christmas to me.  
I remember as a child, every Christmas eve, 
We'd sing our favourite carols as we decorate the tree. 
Mom would tell us stories, we'd bow our heads and pray. Jesus our Saviour was born that holy day. 
We prayed for peace in the world, so all can enjoy, 
The true meaning of Christmas, the birth of a baby boy. Politicians try to tell us, take Christ out of the day, 
To hide all the symbols we used to celebrate. 
They say it might offend, those who don't believe. 
Let me tell you Mister, now you're offending me. 
Why must everything be politically correct? 
All we need to do, is treat each other with some respect. 
It might be a holiday to you, but it's Christmas to me. 
A time filled with tradition, love and family. 
I put it on display each year, for all the world to see. 
It might be a holiday to you, but it's Christmas to me.  

Merry Christmas to All!

— beulah

No comments:

Post a Comment