Friday 5 February 2016

Showing who's boss

     

     Now, well into our year of 2016, surrounded by that white stuff that keeps floating downward, along with chilly, dark, cloudy days, there is little doubt we are experiencing winter! 



     Of course, as well, along comes the flu and cold season, a bane to those exposed to the public's germs. I expect some folk, after stepping on the scales after over-indulging during the holiday season, are munching on carrot and celery sticks, meanwhile, spending lots of workout hours trying to get back in shape. 

     Some of us just might prefer to hibernate, like our friends, the bears, if that were only possible.    

I Wanna Be A Bear   

I could deal with this.... If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months, I could deal with that. 
Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that, too. 
If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business.          You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that. 
If you're a bear, your mate "expects" you to wake up growling. He "expects" that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat. I wanna be a bear!   

     Our body is a marvellous invention! Often, I am awed at its ability to heal and to function so well, especially as we are diligent in properly caring for it. 

     Psalm 139:14, reminds us..."I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."  

     The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.  Here's another chuckle or two.   

     As I will be having my yearly colonoscopy soon, I found the following quite amusing. 

     Forgive my sense of humour.    

     All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge."I should be in charge," said the brain, "Because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen." 
"I should be in charge," said the blood, "Because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away." 
"I should be in charge," said the stomach, "Because I process food and give all of you energy." 
"I should be in charge," said the legs, "Because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."  
"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "Because I allow the body to see where it goes."  
"I should be in charge," said the rectum, "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."  

     All the other body parts laughed at the rectum and insulted him. So, in a huff, he shut down tight. Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. 
They all decided that the rectum should be the boss."   

     
The moral of the story? 
Even though the others do all the work.... You decide!

— beulah

No comments:

Post a Comment