Sunday 21 July 2013

It's a marvellous night for a moon dance...


     

     Last night, I was moon-struck, again.  I have always had a fascination for this, another of God's great wonders, as I feel nothing is more beautiful than a large, full moon casting its silvery glow over my world.


 
     Some believe that weird things are suppose to happen during a full moon, and it is often linked to all sorts of behaviours.      
     However, we know that weird things happen each and every day with or without a full moon. 



     

     

     

     Scientific studies have been carried out in an effort to find proof, and as yet, no strong evidence has been found. But, scientists know that the moon does affect ocean tides. 



     

     
     
     They are now learning so much more since that amazing feat of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, as they took that first "giant leap for mankind," on July 20, 1969. 

     How thrilling it was to watch it on T.V., with my young family, as we observed history in the making.
     
             
     Last evening, I sat alone on my patio, (all the birds and bees had retreated to their nests), enjoying the complete stillness and the beauty of the night. 

    

     My thoughts took me back to other moon-lit nights throughout the different seasons of my life.           


     As a child, I recall walking home amid siblings and friends, from the open-air, ice-skating rink, frozen snow and ice crackling under our feet, and a big, full moon lighting our way; 


     The rays of an autumn moon dancing over the water, as my sweetheart asked me to marry him; 


     The nights when I sat in the rocker by the moon-lit window, soothing one of my little ones whose body was fighting a fever; 


     The times on my knees, in my moon-lit living room, offering up prayers for my teens, that 'His light' would guide them safely home; 


     The many memorable moon-lit evenings Nels and I sat together on this very patio, so in awe of God's goodness; 


     And, the long, moon-lit nights of care, as with a heavy heart I watched my dear one slowly slip away from me.  

  
     We know that the moon does not produce its own light, but acts like a mirror, reflecting the light of the sun. I am reminded, that I, too, as God's child, need to reflect the light from His Son, letting His love flow from my heart to the sometimes dark places around me. 


     Looking forward to tonight, and my tryst with the moon, and my quiet, moon-lit moments on my patio.     


     "When I consider Your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him."  

— Psalm 8:3


— beulah

1 comment: