Friday 22 March 2013

Rockin' Robin

     
   This morning I awakened to a lovely spring-like blanket of snow covering the outside world. Looking out on my beautiful world, I noticed a perky, little robin hopping cheerfully around on my free-of-snow, but damp sidewalk. He had just discovered a fat, juicy worm who obviously thought his venture onto the cement would be a safe place to explore.
   Although sorry for the worm's predicament, I soon saw Mr. Robin enjoying his godsent, tasty breakfast without a care in the world. He seemed content that his needs were adequately provided for once again. Whatever his breakfast choice might have been had it not been covered with inches of snow, here was his bacon right before his eyes.
   It reminded me of the ditty I learned as a child.


Said the Robin to the Sparrow,"I would really like to know,
Why these anxious human beings rush around and hurry so".
Said the Sparrow to the Robin, "Me thinks that it must be, 
That they have no Heavenly Father such as cares for 
you and me."


   I immediately thought of Jesus' own words in Matthew 6: 25-26. 

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
                                                        

     "WOW, I say!  What a caring dad we have."      


— beulah  

No comments:

Post a Comment