Friday 22 March 2013

Rain dance


     I had a good cry today, Lord, as together you and I began my day. As so often happens, my burdened heart becomes overwhelmed for the needs I see all around me; in my family, friends, and neighborhood. Selfishness and self-serving attitudes abound with such disregard for one's fellowman, as well as harbouring unforgiving spirits. 
     But, after a good cry I felt as though it had just rained, leaving me fresh and even more determined to continue sharing seeds of love along my own pathway of life. Perhaps, my small part of showing the Heavenly Father's heart of compassion and love, can be an example and encouragement to someone.
     What a different world that would surround us, if we all chose the motto of my daughter's Grade 3 class of, God first, others second, me third.  


The old hymn says it:  
Others, Lord, yes others.  
Let this my motto be. 
Help me to live for others, 
That I may live like Thee.
                       

     Having this mind-set helps, as we seek to live a life of significance.

— beulah

No comments:

Post a Comment