Tuesday 26 March 2013

The rewards my accord affords


     I just returned from buying my yearly car insurance; one more necessary reminder to help keep my life on the right track you might say. 
     Although it doesn't help my bank account, I know it's a hidden blessing that's helping me feel a little more secure while being a part of the traffic madness on our busy city streets.
     My dear, old, trusty Honda Accord EX-R of 20 years, continues to serve me well. Thanks to the wisdom of my partner in those earlier years, his kind acts of caring now evident.
     Perhaps in people years my Honda would be nearing my age bracket. It's no doubt why we feel so comfortable together. Without a doubt the car is becoming an antique like myself --- but, a classic antique for sure! 

     My dictionary explains a classic as being "anything that is a lasting model of excellence in its kind".

     "I, too, am a one-of-a-kind classic antique!" 

     Just ask any of my grandchildren. 


— beulah

No comments:

Post a Comment